BEHAVIOR CLINICAL TRIAL
Improvement of Aggression Between Housemate Cats
Research Participant Testimonials
Meet Tom and Toni, whose cats were amongst the first to explore the benefits from the new appeasing pheromone by Ceva “Feliway MultiCat”. Elizabeth, Susan and Corie were participants in a previous clinical trial for conflict between housemate cats. Together, they tell the story of how their cats’ relationships and overall well being was influenced by this exciting new product. Thanks to all the volunteers that participate in research; they make new discoveries possible!
Research Studies by Dr. Theresa DePorter
- Poster - Evaluation of the Efficacy of a New Pheromone Product Versus Placebo in the Management of Feline Aggression in Multi-cat Households
- DePorter TL, Ollivier E, Lopez A. Evaluation of the Efficacy of a New Pheromone Product Versus Placebo in the Management of Feline Aggression in Multi-Cat Households. In: ACVB/AVSAB Veterinary Behavior Symposium. Denver, CO USA; 2014.
- DePorter TL, Landsberg GM, Araujo JA., Ethier JL, Bledsoe DL. Harmonease Chewable Tablets reduces noise-induced fear and anxiety in a laboratory canine thunderstorm simulation: A blinded and placebo-controlled study. J Vet Behav Clin Appl Res. 2012;7(4):225–232. doi:10.1016/j.jveb.2011.05.024.
- DePorter TL, Landsberg GM, Beck A. RK Anderson Resident Award. Efficacy Evaluation Of D . A . P . ® Diffuser Versus Placebo Diffuser For Guide Dogs Completing The Final Stage Of Training Program Leading To Graduation As A Working Guide Dog With A Visually Impaired Person. In: ACVB/AVSAB Veterinary Behavior Symposium. San Diego; 2012:21–25. doi:10.13140/2.1.4660.3206.
- DePorter T, Beck A and Landsberg G. Effectiveness of dog appeasing pheromone (D.A.P.®) collars applied during the socialization period for prevention of development of fear and anxiety. Proceedings of the 9th International Veterinary Behaviour Meeting, Lisbon, Portugal, 2013;91-92
A new kitten may not be welcomed by the adult resident cats.
Tension and conflict between housemate cats affects the welfare and well-being of all of the cats in the home. The cat who hides to avoid all the drama is suffering too.